How NUHSA can help you advocate
1. By providing information on issues. Read NUHSA’s publications on North King County needs here.
2. By connecting your opinion with those in other organizations and coalitions to make a stronger appeal
3. Learn more about the community with the 2014 Human Service Snapshot for North King County.
The Need in Our Community
1. At least one in six families in North King County lives paycheck to paycheck and does not have sufficient funds to weather a temporary financial setback.*
2. There are more than 400 homeless school children in Northshore and Shoreline School Districts.**
3. Almost half of the renters spend more than 30% of their income on rent, leaving less money for other basic needs such as transportation and food. ***