NUHSA advocates for human services in North King County (NKC) on behalf of its residents and the agencies that serve them. Although it is the smallest, and often forgotten, sub-region of King County, our communities are well-connected and in a position to address key community needs. NUHSA empowers these communities to meet the critical human service needs in our area and establish a sustainable system of social and health services for Bothell, Kenmore, Lake Forest Park, Shoreline and Woodinville residents.
- At least one in six people in North King County lives paycheck to paycheck and does not have sufficient funds to weather a temporary financial setback. *
- Since 2008, the number of new homeless school children has increased by 166% to almost 400 children in the Northshore and Shoreline School Districts.**
- Almost half of the renters in North King County spend more than 30% of their income on housing, leaving less money for other basic needs such as transportation and food.***
- NUHSA advocates for North King County human service needs with regional and state decision makers.
- NUHSA educates the community and decision makers about human service issues and problems.
- NUHSA offers opportunities for human service organizations and supporters to connect and network.
- NUHSA gathers timely and accurate information about human service issues.